Before & After Care
Please read the following information prior to your Custom Airbrush Spray Tan or Pura Spray Tan appointment. If you have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to ask! The more educated and prepared you are, the better your spray tan will turn out!
24-48 Hours Prior to Session
- We cannot over-stress the importance of pre-session exfoliation. 24-hours prior to your appointment, clear away any dry, dead skin cells with a pH balancing scrub. We recommend Norvell® Renewing Sunless Exfoliator™
- Avoid using bar soaps, high pH shower products, or in shower moisturizers. These products can neutralize the DHA bronzing reaction within the skin. Keep in mind, hair shampoos and conditioners leave a film on your skin that can have a negative reaction with our sunless solution.
- Any hair removal creams, waxing or shaving should be completed at least 24-hours prior to your session.
Day of Session
- Avoid applying anything to the skin that may act as a barrier between the sunless solution and the skin. Do not apply lotions, creams, deodorants, oils, or perfumes prior to session.
- If you would like us to spray your face, please remove any make-up prior to your appointment.
- Bring lip balm, to prevent lips from absorbing color.
- Wear loose-fitting, dark colored clothing and remove all jewelry. Tight clothing can rub or smear cosmetic bronzers, especially around the knees, elbows, chest and waist. We recommend not wearing a bra for at least a few hours.
Immediately Prior to Session
- We recommend applying Norvell® Pre Sunless pH Balancing xLaTan™ spray to stabilize your skins pH levels. Having proper skin pH levels boosts DHA development, resulting in a deeper, darker tan. Having stable pH levels combats the dreaded “orange effect”.
- For those that didn't have time to shower & exfoliate, we recommend using our eXmitt® Pre-tan Body Buff to instantly clear away any dead skin cells, clean the skin of any barriers, and balance the pH level of the skins surface. The eXmitt® is designed to gently exfoliate and buff the skin, while accelerating DHA color development. We sell these at the salon.
After Session Care
- You should refrain from showering for a minimum of 8 hours and not leaving it on your skin for more than 24 hours. As with all DHA products, sunless color begins showing development approximately 4-hours after application and continues to darken for up to 24-hours. If you must shower before 24-hour following the application, WARM WATER RINSE ONLY. The use of soaps and hair conditioners can inhibit the full development of DHA color.
- Important: Cosmetic instant bronzers WILL wash away during the first shower. Pools and spas that utilize chlorine can cause fading, as well as saltwater in the ocean.
- For One Hour Rapid ONE™ Solution: It is important to rinse your body with warm water ONLY, 1 hour (light color) to 3 hours (dark color) after your session. Expect your tan to lighten up drastically after the warm water rinse, but as with all DHA products, your tan will continue to develop and darken over the next 24 hours.
- When showering after 24-hours, use only a mild pH balancing shower gel such as pH Balancing Shower Cleanser™. Refrain from using scrubs or high pH soaps as these will strip away your sunless color.
- Extend and build color between sessions with a daily application of Color Extending Pro-Long™ moisturizer. Need Touch-ups? Use any Norvell® self-tanning product between full sessions.